Friday, December 28, 2007

I put my new shoes on, and suddenly everything's right...

If you, my charming invisible reader, have not acquired the musical stylings of Paolo Nutini, I would strongly suggest it! Regardless, I hereby deliever to you the fruits of a particularly long bout of city center shopping: the new shoes.

I've been without a solid pair of black heels since the death of my last beloved pair in October. Yes, I have a penchant of stilletos, but these are the usual ice-picks that I pick up. And the good news is that I spent what converts to about $20 on them. I'm a relatively happy girl. I've really been trying to keep my consumerism to a minimum in this time of financial screwedness, but a girl needs black heels. I mean, honestly. I also tried on several coats that were on sale but didn't find one to my liking. I've still got a couple other stores to scout before I call off the search, and I want to try to take advantage of the post-christmas sales as much as possible. So after prowling the markets and making a quick trip to the supermarket, I returned home with hommus, cherry tomatoes, youhgurt, and two cadbury creme eggs and did this for a while:

Yep, just stared at them. It's a cheap thrill.

2 comments:

Moominmama said...

v sexxxy shoes, oh fetishist of mine heart.

to which canine do the paws in the first photo belong?

Unknown said...

I just lurve the shoes as well!! I just bought a pair of extravagant boots for myself, for no reason other than I wanted them (and have been wanting them for a couple of months).

I'm sorry I missed your Christmas postings, but we all have nights like that--and when they're around a holiday, it's even worse. Miss you!