Thursday, August 21, 2008

What has two thumbs and a research assistantship?

Answer: This Girl!

Needless to say, I'm absolutely over-the-moon happy about this. According to the Guru, as a direct result of my "unflagging and dogged persistence" he's decided to help me out. I will be his Johnny on the spot when he needs something researched or photocopied or whatever, and in return he'll make up the difference for half of my fees.

Check? Check.

I called home nigh-on instantly, and my mother freely admitted that she'd stop "quibbling" with me over my decision to stay, which I had only just recently made. Thank goodness.

This week has been jam-packed with Alpha staying in my flat, seeing old Geo pals, working furiously on the masters' diss (read: facebook) and a lovely little wine and cheese party that I'll tell you more about on a night when I'm not overwhelmingly exhausted from how awesome and respectable I've become.

*cue cheeky grin*

Really, I'm just relieved that future-me won't be crushed senseless by college debt. I'll still be crushed, mind you, just with a little sense to rub together. I hope.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

YAY!!!!!! I Knew you could do it!!!!!